View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Default Curious about this T206 Cobb W/Lenox back....

Posted By: Jamie

Sorry if my last post was inflammatory. I do respect our soldiers and police officers and what they have done for this country.

But a little warning about buying GAI cards in general: their business is bankrupt. That inherently makes their opinion obsolete. Meaning that the card should really be valued as if it is raw.

I am no expert in authenticating raw cards and despite the experience of many on this board, I imagine that few folks here actually are. If you can do it, then good luck to you. It's a shame that this card wasn't crossed over to a PSA holder before being sold.

Which, since his previous story is untrue, begs the question, what was the motive behind the story? Perhaps it was to demonstrate that the card was not sent to GAI merely because it was previously rejected by PSA. Which leads me to believe that the card very well may have been rejected by PSA as inauthentic.

That is speculative. Clearly, it is a very compelling card if authentic. But since no one really knows the history of the card, the seller is unclear on it, and the company who graded it is bankrupt, I'm inclined not to bid on the card (yes, I had been looking at it before this thread began).

Good luck to all.