View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by painthistorian View Post
Hello- I am the seller of this card...I was also concerned about this transaction as usually I get paid fairly quickly when selling a RARE baseball card so I called the winner of the card tonite after seeing this post. It turns out that the bidder account and phone # was correct and was answered. The person that answered the phone stated they knew nothing of the transaction and the address thru system was not theres. The bidder ID is umpireoax12 for anyone who gets a bid from this id, be careful..Seems knowingly or unknowingly, this e bay bidder stated that someone from Mexico that does not have a valid US mailing address used this account name and phone # to buy e bay items (the account is located in LA) but the e mail attached to this is NOT theres. I notified trust and safety at ebay tonite as this is a red flag and they are personally looking into this. Probably the culprits use the name and the address associated, buy the item and then probably open a claim with credit card company to charge back the vendor.

THERE was no snipe involved here, and no sign of fraud until we sent several communications with no response. I have seen crazy bidding patterns before but this one really was not noticeable as the left bid that won was two days prior to the underbidders bid. E bay was very cooperative and is investigating this, my fees will be credited and hopefully no one will get burned in the future.

OH well, not much I can do about this accept have a stiff drink!
well couldnt really expect to get that much on the card in the first place..and it wasnt like people already though the buy wasnt real before even posted this...(others may disagree).. i guess the poster on this thread who thought there was no way this card wouldnt be paid for since its such a great psa 3 can now buy the card from you at the price it was won for or maybe a bit less as he thought the price realized was reasonable (see the part about others may disagree)

I still dont see how the intruder person would make money on this but perhaps theres a way as i have not thought out ways to scam people. I would now say theres a chance the person you talked to may of known more than he let on to you about..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-04-2017 at 08:44 PM.