View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 01:42 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

So what is your fickleness?
I know what I like and those tastes haven’t changed in quite a while. I don’t foresee my going in any new directions with my collection, though I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Are you obsessed with the condition or grade of the card?
That is dependent upon the issue. For T cards, VG is fine with me. For the 50’s, I like Ex-ExMt. 70’s or later as close to MT as possible...otherwise not interested.

Must your cards be perfectly centered?
This has become a major requirement for me...

Are you allergic to plastic (TPG) and crack cards routinely out of their slab?
Nope.

Are you primarily concerned with rarity and put your faith in POP reports?
Nope.

Is something that was once considered trash from the printer, the focus of your "scrap" collection?
Would love to have a Hal Chase scrap...otherwise, not too interested.

Are you making a living, or trying to, flipping cards for profit?
Nope.

Or does the focus of your collection trump any concern about the "bottom line" of your hobby pursuits?
Anyone who has a Josh Phelps collection is more interested in something other than making a buck...

Are you a type collector or a set collector?
I guess a set collector since I have a few in progress (T205, Diamond Stars, ‘51 Bowman, ‘54 Topps, 56 Topps & ‘73 Topps). Also collect Hal Chase and Lefty O’Doul and Don Mattingly...

Are you a hunter, who sells a set when it is completed, or a hoarder, who never sells and has a seemingly endless supply of closets?
A hoarder unfortunately.

Do you fraternize with other collectors, even though they may bidding against you or are you a "lurking hermit"?
Wish I knew more folks to fraternize with. None of my friends are collectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.