View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 12:55 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Rob,
I hear what you’re saying. The make up of the pennant, the one dimensional player / rusher, and the size and tassel location are all common to that 30’s to early 40’s era. I believe there is an exact New York Giants football pennant with this design.

In regards to the pink runner, both of the B&W are classic early 50’s designs. Yes, bootleg pennant producers did use older styles and adapted their one color productions for 60’s teams. Those pennants are generally very difficult to find. So, it’s possible the two runners with stiff arm are newer, but I’m guessing early 50’s ish.

The reason with the one with pink that I called the newest is because of the pink. Hot pink did not really come to favor until the late 50’s early 60’s. It was very popular mid to late 60’s.

I’m open to other info so if someone has more info I’m all ears. Take care, Jason
Gotta love the hot pink! And nobody did it better than the Pirates of the 1960s. Just something about that neon pink against the jet black felt... loved it as a kid, and still like it today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirates1.jpg (73.2 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg Pirates 2.jpg (65.0 KB, 410 views)
File Type: jpg Pirates 3.jpg (69.5 KB, 403 views)
File Type: jpg Pirates 5.jpg (75.5 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg Pirates 6.jpg (30.6 KB, 403 views)