View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Bryan
Bryan Bossa.rd

Default Most over-valued card

A lot of the new high rollers grew up in the era of 80-90s rookie cards. Back then, they couldn't afford 50s HOFers their parents told em about. So now they are buying their childhood back as collectors tend to do. They ignore the junk wax that burned them and go for the thing they could never afford as kids but ogled at card shops/shows/Beckett magazine. Demand for post war rookies is high accordingly. Investors manipulating prices only puts gas on the fire. If people hold out and don't dump in unison, this could sustain for awhile (I hope.)

The question I have is whether pre war will ever see another bump or if there's no new blood that will ever give a damn beyond the pantheon names like Ruth, Cobb, Honus. I don't see a massive spike in That category ever being possible. Though I bet it keeps getting propped up by the post war market.

At least I hope so as that's where my monies at. My dad told me stories about dizzy dean, George sisler and those types. So my interest in baseball history and collecting has remained there. I have a bunch of 48-69 stuff but am not as emotionally attached to it. It's going to auction and I'm hanging onto the pre war .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BBB; 07-01-2016 at 03:29 PM.