View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 PM

Default Obaks across the series

According to my notes, the following players should each have three different poses in the Obak sets:

Coy
Garrett
Mundorff
Raymer
Speas

Also the following three should also have three poses, but there is some question whether they depict the same person:

Brashear
Ryan
Williams

The key is if the player was depicted in both the 1910 and 1911 sets, the poses are exactly the same...EXCEPT if the player switched teams after the the issuance of the 1910 cards, then his 1911 card will depict him with a different pose and designate him with his new team.

The Byrnes/Burns situation is interesting and one that I don't remember hearing about before...Patrick, are you sure this is the same player? (edited to indicate that I see John has verified that Byrnes/Burns are NOT the same player).

If someone hasn't posted any of these images by tomorrow, heck in a handbag I will do it.

Brian (I only have two Obak poses, and both of them are variations of me sitting at the computer typing these very words)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 09-30-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: See above editing note for reasons for editing