View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
That, and I also read, but don't know if it's true, the magnets, over time, will produce some type of dirt/sediment, and of course nobody wants that on their cards.
Never heard of that and I have been using them for years. The magnets are coated with some metal as to not wear.

Now they are not airtight, nor are the pro-molds so if improperly stored they could possibly get a particulate in there in theory. I put mine in graded card bags for storage and to prevent scratches so it's not an issue. I think most of the complaints I have seen were user error, as many modern card collectors put cards in the wrong size holders causing damage (the extra thick cards). As long as the correct case is used, I have not seen any believable horror stories.

I do use both kinds, so please try what you are comfortable with. I just always use the ultras when I can for aesthetic reasons. They just look better.

As to dropping, I guess that could be an issue if you have hardwood floors. I don't have any experience dropping one from a distance but I know I have slid a few off my desk in my office moving some paperwork and they did not open falling to an area rug on the hardwood.

Please do as you enjoy for your collections.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-30-2017 at 01:51 PM.