View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Honestly, I view our argument as a waste of time. But, I have enjoyed finding substantial empirical evidence to show the impact of price partitioning, which many of us on Net54 intuitively knew was going on. Frankly, I am not sure why you would take such a strong position to the contrary. I don't get it. But, then, I don't care.
For the plain and simple reason that I have more faith in the intelligence of our community than you do. As a result, I do not believe that sports auction houses who understand the intelligence of their market charge buyer's premiums with the intent of tricking people into spending more money. Are you saying that is Leon's intent? Al's? Lee's? They charge BPs after all. In other market segments, notwithstanding the newer research showing it is an unsuccessful strategy, maybe that is the intent. I don't believe it is here. It's just my opinion.

I agree with you the research as a whole is interesting, though.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-20-2015 at 02:34 PM.