Thread: 1987 Topps
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 06:46 AM
M.ichael Yaz.back

Default 1987 Topps

Does anyone else have a special love for '87 Topps? I know, I know, there is about 10 billion in circulation and has mostly sentimental value at this point. But is there any other 80's set that is the perfect combination of old stars vs new stars? I call it the "bridge" set, meaning it bridges yesterday and today, at least 1987 "today." The set contains the last player cards of Pete Rose, Tom Seaver, Reggie Jackson, and Steve Carlton. It has first regular issues of Barry Bonds, Bo Jackson, Barry Larkin, Rafael Palmeiro, Mark McGwire, and Jose Canseco. You combine that with 80's mega stars like Don Mattingly and Roger Clemens, and you begin to see this set is no slouch. The set is also a who's who of HOF'ers like Nolan Ryan, Mike Schmidt, Cal Ripken, Carlton Fisk, Rickey Henderson, George Brett, Ryne Sandberg, Dave Winfield, Wade Boggs, Andre Dawson, Tony Gwynn.... It's really something if you think about it. For any of us with young children who want to teach them about the history of the game and show them some serious ball players from the last 40 years or so, this set is perfect. You can buy full wax box's or sets for very affordable prices. No, I am not selling 87 Topps, I currently own just my one set. But man, it's my favorite!!!