View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Mike

As some of you may know, I recently completed a 23 year purge (1948-1970) from my collection over on the BST. Thanks go out to all who bought my collection. It took a month of non-stop work. Surprisingly, the seller's remorse that I fully expected is nowhere to be found, probably because the cards are readily available. It only takes money.

Outwardly, I told myself that I would top off a retirement account with 75% of the proceeds and use the remainder to slay the Monster. That was the original game plan. However, my job of 18 years is in danger of going bye-bye as my company is on the verge of re-locating their main facility to Philly from South Florida. My lack of typing skills prevent me from going into all of the details but the situation could get ugly. In sort of the reverse to being a problem, my cardboard hoard might be my saving grace. Oh, this is not carved in stone as yet and maybe, just maybe, my original 75/25 plan can come back into play. Even with this uncertainty looming, I bought a small handful of T206 commons this month to ease my bones. All in all, the purge money could keep me afloat for a while.

Time will tell. By the All-Star Break, I will either be un-employed or kicking the snot out of the T206 Monster

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 04-08-2013 at 05:17 AM.