View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:11 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Ted I understand what you are saying but the same can be said for a lot of brands. I have cards with dark purple Drum and light purple Drum, same for other brands and fronts for that matter.

It’s really a question of saturation as Tim pointed out nothing more IMO. I also tried to illustrate above with images. How much ink is applied to a card can have a significant change on the cards appearance. Layout 10 examples of any back or same front and you will see subtle differences and some are actually really neat and very noticeable. BTW this goes for lots of card sets not just T206.

In regards to T206 there are certain cards that distinct differences are very clear. I regards to backs I think for sure Lenox brown and OM Southern brown fall under this category and possibly Piedmont 42.

Will we find other shades of EPDG, or AB who knows perhaps? The set is enormous and while we know a bunch and figure out more each day we should never think we have it licked as new stuff will continue to come to market that will turn today’s thinking upside down.

We are far from seeing all this set has to offer.

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 11-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.