View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
While it is true some of fronts are shared by both Piedmont 42 and Uzit, not enough are to show concurrent printings. However there are enough that don't match to show they were not concurrent printings.

Breaking these two groups into subsets is not the proper way to analyze how these two backs were printed and can only lead to false conclusions. It's interesting to think about 350/460 and 460 separately but it isn't how the cards were being printed at that time.
Tim

I fully understand that the subjects in the 350/460 series and the 460-only series were not distinct entities back in 1911 when American Litho. was printing these cards.
Consider this, I have identified 28 subjects from what we now refer to as the "350/460 series".....and, 8 subjects from the "460-only series".....that are common to both
the P460/42 and UZIT brands. And, there is a good likelihood that these 36 subjects may have been on one 36-card sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
I know it's just my opinion but I haven't seen anything to date that would lead me to believe there are two different shades of blue Uzits.
I just bumped up my current "UZIT" thread. Observe the backs of my Herzog and Schaefer cards. Then tell me that there is not a stark difference in their blue colors ?

DITTO goes for Jim B's Willis vs Mike S's Mullin.

I have seen enough of these cards in my 30+ years of collecting T206's, that I can say with certainty that there is a noticeable difference in the blue coloring of some
UZIT's vs other UZIT's.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-09-2011 at 07:41 PM.