View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default A 6-year odyssey....AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set....75 cards complete (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
You're most welcome for my humble help. I wonder if there's any magic in the 75 number, if that relates as a multiple of a sheet size, or something.

Great bunch of cards. I recall that the first AB 460 I got was Zach Wheat. And after I got him I saw a few more of him with an AB back. Great post. Thank you, Ted.
Frank

I would say that there is no significance to the number 75 with respect to any T206 sheet format. It is simply in the math. There are 103 possible candidates
that could have been printed with the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 advertisement. However, 28 of the subjects from the 350/460 series were printed with the Red
HINDU back, which we know are mutually exclusive with AB 460 subjects; therefore......103 - 28 = 75

Consider the following, though......

With respect to the 46 cards in the 460-Only series. I have observed that the Duffy and Ford cards are DOUBLE-PRINTS (DP). This observation is reinforced by
two T206 surveys and two Graded Co. pop-reports. Therefore, if my theory regarding 48-card printing sheets is valid, these two DP's filled out a 48 card sheet.

Incidently, in 1910 Russ Ford won 26 games while losing only 6 (with an ERA = 1.65). Since these AB 460 cards were printed in the Spring of 1911, it is a good
bet that American Litho. double-printed Ford....since he was the new "rookie" sensation for the New York Highlanders.

[linked image][linked image]

Best regards my friend,

TED Z