View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
I posted a month ago about my work on a Doctorate. My topic is currently minor league baseball. I'm hoping to get some information from fans.
I ask that you please answer the following questions.

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years?

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why?

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team?

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game?

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise?

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games?

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years?

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games?
1. 40-50
2. Price/value and ease of access. I live 4 miles from the Durham Bulls and ride my bike to the games and live less than 1.5 hours from 5 other affiliated minor league teams. I guess I just enjoy going to watch a baseball game in a relaxed atmosphere at a good price.
3. No
4. Unsure. Beyond Thirsty Thursdays , they usually don't influence my decision, since it is more related to my availability to attend.
5. Somewhat, though I do enjoy being able to stand behind the dugout and watch the game at one of the older stadiums.
6. On a regular basis? About 1.5 hours. Though I often plan stops at other minor league games when I'm away.
7. Yes.
8. Not really.
9. About a dozen.
10. Not much, since ticket prices are generally under $10 and most places I've gone I can usually find free/cheap parking.