View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I posted a month ago about my work on a Doctorate. My topic is currently minor league baseball. I'm hoping to get some information from fans.
I ask that you please answer the following questions.

1. How many minor league baseball games have you attended in the past 3 years?

2. What is the biggest factor that brings you to the ballpark? promotions, day of week, newness of stadium, visiting team, or something else (please describe)

Mainly having the time to go. We are at a busy part of life.

Promotions: Especially something like monkey rodeo or cheap beer night...I often take my dog to Bark in the Park...on Sundays you are allowed to take your dog.

I have a baseball encyclopedia I like to get signed...if there's an opposing coach or manager I remember I wlll get there early to try to get it signed.

3. Have you stopped attending games? If so, why?

Stopped for a while a few years back. Had a problem with ownership in a promotion I did not feel like they lived up to that I had done for my business.

4. What promotion or marketing event would you recommend to the team?

Cheap midweek tickets. Saturday tickets are worth more than Tuesday tickets...I need something to motivate me to get me out.

5. How important is the newness of the stadium in your decision to attend a ball game?

None. The ballpark I attend most is very modern, but I think old parks have charm.

6. How far will you travel to attend a minor league baseball game?

It has to be convenient...no more than an hour.

7. Do you buy team branded merchandise?

No. If I get it free I wear it.

8. Does the success of the team factor in your decision to attend games?

No, though I am likely to attend a playoff game if the team makes the playoffs.

9. How many different minor league ballparks have you visited in the past 5 years? Three or four.

10. How much of a factor does parking and ticket prices have on your decision to attend the games? Depends...my local team has crept up to about $10, which is starting to seem expensive. It's not bad for just me, but is pretty bad if I am taking my daughter and wife who would much rather go to the movies for the same money.