View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 02:20 PM
Peter Calderon

Default David Hall Collection

This deal has been months, if not years in the making. Some information on the David Hall Collection of T206s. There will be three auctions in 2019 with his cards. Auction 50015 which is July 18-20 will be the first. Session Two (Lots 81736 – 81923) will end on July 19 are dedicated to Mr. Hall's cards. In September and December there will be dedicated auctions for his collection. All three will have a dedicated catalog. All three covers will form one panoramic-style scene as will the back covers.

The focus of first offering is rarity. Many rare brands including Carolina Brights, Broad Leaf, Drum, Hindu-Brown, Hindu-Red and Uzit. The Ty Cobb portraits include an Old Mill (Red Portrait), Lenox-Black (Red Portrait), Hindu-Red (Red Portrait) and Old Mill (Green Portrait). A few other highlights - Walter Johnson-Broad Leaf, Mathewson/Portrait-Hindu Brown, Mathewson/White Cap-Hindu Brown and Mathewson/Dark Cap-Tolstoi. I think you get the idea.

The focus of the September auction will be quality. There will be a complete set, including Honus Wagner and what has to be the most incredible Ty Cobb Tobacco tin!

The focus of the December auction will be "Sovereign Cigarettes." I believe he has one of the most complete sets of "Sovereign" backs known.

And yes, there will be more coming in 2020 and I will post updates as plans and schedules become finalized.

Good Luck and Thank You to Everyone Who Participates,

Peter