View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
It’s a real good question. I generally agree with Michael that everything will get absorbed, often at record prices. However, I do fear that the pure volume/supply of commons with rare backs, could hurt the value of commons with rare backs. There are very few Cobb Lenox or Baker red hindu, but to most of us, a common player is a common player, and we really don’t care who is on the front; rather it’s the back we are after. So maybe the value/cost of common Drums, Uzits, Lenox, BL, CB go down for a spell do to availability (much supply).

Ryan, what you say re the prices of Hall's quantity of T206 commons with rare backs makes sense, on the one hand. On the other hand, if a couple of T206 collectors who currently have say 2-3 Lenox cards in their collections decide this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to obtain a slew of Lenox cards, then I can see the Lenox commons selling for surprisingly high prices. Ditto for Drums, Uzits, BLs, CBs, etc.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.