View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 07:21 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Ted,

I remember that show well. I also remember some people at the time speculating that the Wagner Mastro had was the oversized one (currently at the HOF) that was trimmed down to make it a Nr-Mt card.

Speaking of regrets, I certainly have some from that episode. Bob Sevchuck, the person who sold the cards to Mastro, first called me to tell me he had en route a Nr-Mt Wagner and would I be interested. I had just bought a '39 Playball set from Bob and at the time he and I did business together. I already by that time had acquired the Wagner I currently own, and between having to come up with another $25K (his price for the Wagner) coupled with my concern whether a Wagner in such condition might be a fake, I told Bob I needed some time to think about it. While I was taking that time, he sold the lot to Mastro.

Corey......this is quite a story.

Reminds me of regrets which still haunt me of an attractive girl I met in my youth, which I let get away

Bob Sevchuck used to come up with some great finds out there on Long Island (NY).

Actually, I find it very interesting that a good number of Wagner cards have emanated from the Long Island
area. Perhaps, it had something to do with American Lithographic Co. founder, Joseph P. Knapp, who had a
vacation home in nearby Bellport, Long Island (NY).

Hope to see you at the National.

TED Z

T206 Reference