View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 05:34 AM

Default T206 AB460 Ames mystery

Thanks for doing this research Ted.

I have done as much research as I possibly can (my computer, with all of my scans etc., crashed ~ 5 years ago), on the confirmed AB460 with Ames. The only information I have are the threads here, eBay, AH sales and my email history. Here is my conclusion.

Back in 2005 until ~ 2006 I sold off my T206 collection, which consisted of near sets of Hindu's/Cycle's/AB's. Most of the collection was sold privately, however, I did sell quite a few to board members/eBay at the time. I found an email chain where I had listed 17 AB460's to a board member. Ames was on the list (Unfortunately no scans). I contacted the board member, and he has confirmed, although we never spoke about it at the time, my colossal error.

The card was a Cycle 460 not the AB460, so I must have accidentally cataloged and mistakenly sold the card as an AB460. One of these days I will spend the money to fix the failed hard drive to confirm, however, I am now 99% sure this was an error on my part, and to note, I should have confirmed the Cycle 460 on Bill's spreadsheet since I had multiple examples. My excel copy, at that time, did not have this card confirmed. Sorry for the confusion, and great job Ted on the research.

Thanks, Tom