View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Banned

You would think their company name was CSI with all the fancy equipment they like to brag about like pro-scopes and spectral comparator machines, but all that is useless if you don't look at it closely with the greatest piece of equipment available - that being your own eyes, up close with an intent to do a complete, thorough job. One of the first steps in authenticating is to make sure its not a preprint, reprint, autopen, laser scan, etc.

Some of those that got passed were still in the frames, with the sticker being placed on the back of the frame. JSA proudly admits on its facebook site that they have no problem authenticating the autograph directly through the frame, so no need to take the item out. They passed an autographed ball still in the sealed cube holder. They claim to have special magnifying equipment that can look through the plexiglass and tell them if it is authentic or not. I still prefer to see the item in person, closeup, with my own eyes, with nothing in the way, i.e. frames, glass, and ballcubes. But that's me. I am sure Richard is the same way.

But if someone comes to a show with a Michael Jordan jersey framed in a 400 dollar frame, and they don't want to take it out, the authentication company has to decide to pass up that piece or decide to take their submission money and authenticate it through the frame. Guess which one they choose?

Last edited by travrosty; 04-03-2012 at 09:24 AM.