View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default For what it's worth . . .

. . . and having more time to kill than I should, I imported both Cobb autographs (Ron Keurajian's & donovan's) into an Excel spreadsheet. I oriented both autographs to exactly the same plane, and sized both to the same height and length specs. Then I placed donovan's example directly below Keurajian's, so that the beginning and end of both signatures were on the same vertical planes. I then copied the image of donovan's example, and pasted it to the right of Keurajian's (both on the same horizontal planes).

Then, using perfectly vertical lines that extended over both top & bottom examples, I touched over 25 common points. And the contact points one just about every single vertical line matched on the two signatures. So obviously, one was a reproduced copy of the other, right? I mean, no ones signature matches exactly (especially nearly 25 different contact points). So it would seem plausible that use of perfectly horizontal lines over both sigatures should produce the same common contact points, right?

Well, that's what I expected, but that's not what happened. Of the twenty five horizontal lines, only six contact points matched exactly. And there were a number of obvious misses.

So how could so many vertical contacts match, but not horizontal contacts?

If I get a chance, I'll try to post an image of my "experiment".

I personally don't know, but hazard to guess that the technologies used to create the two source images may not create perfectly true representations.

Anyone else have an idea ?

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 03-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.