View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Pet Peeve on Best Offers (Ebay)

Posted By: leon

I agree that there is no question folks should respond to all offers. A polite "no thank you" can go a long way in future dealings. With that being said I am sure you will agree that a seller can ask whatever they want to for a card. All you have to do is sort by highest price cards and you will see 22 out of the top 25 never get bids with either the BIN multiples too high, or just the same conclusion of the starting bid being multiples more than the value. It doesn't really bother me. I find it kind of amusing sometimes...People should always have the courtesy to respond ...and that especially goes for the BST area. Brian and I do want to know about crap going on over there.

There was a recent transaction on the BST where the seller said they would take paypal as an option and clearly stated that in the original post, but would charge the additional 3%. The potential buyer said they would take the card and AFTER that had a problem with the 3%.....That's the wrong way to do it. IF you accept an offer you accept their terms if nothing else is negotiated up front. Adding paypal fees, on the BST, is fine and if you are a buyer please don't disregard that caveat. The seller can ask for whatever terms they want to...You don't have to agree or buy the card(s)....regards