View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
John Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipTopBread View Post
The response by Bob Manning is truely amazing. Bob did you know all those facts or did you look up this info.? What ever, I am impressed!!!!! Being from the "Burgh" I am guessing you maybe to. My collection is a set of Tip Top Bread 1910's. If you from the "Burgh", maybe we can get together and I can show off my set!
Tip Top! No Sealtest Ice Cream flavor of the month for some lucky shut in? No Isalys?

Born and bred in the Burgh, and proud of it. Lived in the south hills, where the slag dump gave a nightly sky show the rivalled anyting the Fourth of July could produce.

I had to look up players stats, but spent enough hot afternoons in Forbes to memorize the dimensons painted on the (ivy-covered) walls. And I own one of the blueprints from Barney Dreyfus' 1925 renovation, so part of my "research" consisted of walking downstairs to see what had changed.

If my wife discovers that I'm looking at somebody else's set, she'll ... I'd rather not think about it. I do have a '64 Kahn's Clemente, T3s Clarke and Camnitz, and a few Exhibits from the 20s (Babe Adams, Max Carey, Moses Yellowhorse), but my Pirate "special collection" ends there.

Man, other than in catalogues, I've never even seen a Tip Top. Show us what you got!