View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Thanks guys.

Tbob you out there how long is it going to take me to knock down the 150's? I have a handful from earlier there were none in this collection.

Please feel free to share anything Obak love to see other stuff too. Now would eb sweet time for some Obak coupons or packs.

Cheers,

John

John- the 150's were very difficult to put together, I don't think many collectors realize how scarce they are. I believe my set is the only one on either Registry. When I had SGC slab my cards, they were still knocking off grades because of the blue stamped numbers on the back, luckily they don't do that anymore (I think). The really tough ones are the 6 or so which have different fronts from the 175 set of 1910s like Mundorf and McArdle etc. The one thing in your favor is that there don't seem to be any (or many) collectors going after them now so you might have a wide open field and not have to pay the premium they used to get on ebay when bidding was spirited. I hope you can get that set. I think the last card I finally found was the 150 series Wolverton so be on the lookout for it, it was a killer for me.
Again, congrats on the beautiful cards.
tbob