View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default What do you collect and why? Show us some cards!

Posted By: Ed McCollum

Well, only one rubber stamp...that of Howe McCormick. Don't know all that much about the guy. If the public records my sister and I have found are correct, he was born in 1895, served in WWI, married soon after, had one child, a daughter, and died in 1976. His daughter died in 2005, leaving no heirs.

I got the first card (Davis) in 1993. Got the latest (Ames) three days ago (thanks, Chuck). The best is probably Clarke. So far, two Hindu's, one Old Mill, the rest have been Piedmont. Since concentrating on only this cards since May, I've gotten them from 14 different states, as far east as NY, south as FL and TX, north from MI, and west from CA and WA.

If anyone has any in their collection, and are willing to part with them, please let me know. I know I've missed a Warhop, Moran, Waddell, J.J. Clarke and one other off eBay just before I focused my collection. I've also missed a Camnitz/arms crossed from a dealer in CA. But any I can get my hands on to rebuild Howe's collection are greatly appreciated. Please let me know.

Ed