View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 09:02 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE......"pet peeves" regarding certain T206's....and, what are your's ?

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reflections, Theories, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * *

Approx 90% of the PIEDMONT 150 cards of the green portrait Cobb are found off-center (to the top). Furthermore, the Cy Young portrait with the PIEDMONT 150 back
is usually off-center (to the top). I can attest to this, having sampled over 400 cards of each of these T206 subjects since 2005.

You may ask why I am concerned over this ? Why not just select a PIEDMONT 350 Cobb (which is usually well-centered). Simply stated, just call me a perfectionist, who
insists on having well-centered PIEDMONT 150 Cobb and Cy Young card in the 150 Series section of my all-PIEDMONT set. Quaint thinking, perhaps, but that's just me.
I've had this Cobb for many years. It's one of the best looking T206's in my collection. Eventually, I intend to get it graded. My guess is that it will get a high #.

The green Cobb and the Cy Young portrait were most likely printed in the top row of their sheet. And, these early PIEDMONT sheets were mis-cut resulting in the narrow
top borders on the cards located on their top row.
American Lithographic (ALC) printed the PIEDMONT brand first in press runs of T206 backs (on the preprinted sheets of T206 fronts). Proof of this process is revealed by
the Magie and Joe Doyle error cards. The Magie is ONLY a PIEDMONT 150 card, and the Doyle error is ONLY a PIEDMONT 350 card.

Having said all that, I'm curious....do any of you serious T206 collectors have similar "pet peeves" regarding certain T206 cards ?

If so, show-n-tell about your T206 "peeves"

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists