View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 12:01 PM

I was unaware of the change in price and sent in an item merely a few days after it became effective. I am not aware of any advance warning of the price increase to the collecting community before it happened. I was frustrated several weeks later to receive my item back- paper clipped, no less- to a price sheet specifying the new prices along with my check.

If the idea of signing through the foundation was to raise money for the foundation, then it seems like a lose-lose situation to raise the price of an autograph by 400% overnight. I agree it was probably a lot of trouble for Roger to sign, but this degree of increase will probably slow this source of flow of free money for the foundation to a trickle. I won't be sending in any more items at $100 per pop and agree that much cheaper quality Clemens autographs can be found on eBay. The people this action hurts most are set collectors who seek to get certain cards signed for sets they collect, which they are unlikely to sell as it belongs with a set they are trying to complete.