View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default This weekend's Philly Show at Valley Forge report

Just returned from the show and I was impressed with the attendance. But, on closer observation it appeared that most were there to get autographs from the numerous
Phillies players that were signing. Sunday's crowd should be even greater as Steve Carlton and Tim McCarver will be the guest signers.

Talked with several of the veteran dealers, who said sales were mediocre. A couple of dealers said sales were poor on Fridat nite; and, were hoping for a better day today
judging from the size of the crowd.

I also noticed that 4 of the regular veteran vintage dealers were not set up. That was very disappointing for me, since I always acquire some nice cards from these guys.

The highlight of the show for me occurred as I was approaching Bill Goodwin's booth. Joe sees me and yells out..... "Ted, check-out Bill's far right case". Therein resides a
beautiful "colorless" T206 Eddie Plank with a PIEDMONT 150 back. I told Joe and Bill as soon as I get back home, I was going to my bank to take out an Equity Loan on my house

At the risk of being corrected by the usual suspects on this forum......this Plank card brings the grand total of
known PIEDMONT 150 Plank's to 5 =
2 colorless Plank's
and 3 blue Plank's

TED Z