View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
For than 20 years- Trust no one-double check everyone has been our mantra"

And now we predict that when the criminal investigations are completed a number of major hobby players will be in trouble and a slew of collector/investors will either stop investing or "dump their collections."
Bruce- I understand your sentiments but I can't do it. I trust an awful lot of guys here on this board and that has come through making deals with them and/or communicating with them in person or on the phone or by emails. Not everyone gets my absolute trust, but a lot of collectors here do. I don't share your dire forecast for the collectors in the hobby but do think you are probably right when it comes to the investors in the hobby. Personally, I look forward to the day when some of the collectors/investors get out and prices do fall. I will be avidly buying if and when that time comes. In the meantime I'll continue to trust my fellow collectors. How can you not? In my case I have been the recipient of several acts of complete and total kindness in the gift of cards I needed and have reciprocated with cards to other collectors who needed something I could part with at no cost.
Trust is a two way street and I am proud to have it with so many. Ok, maybe I am a tad gullible or naive but I think a lot of people here share my sentiments.
TBob
tbob