View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default Question for Bob Lemke re: 1904 Fan Craze

Posted By: Brian H (misunderestimated)

I have a Fan Craze NL set along with the box it came in -- my set although pretty much untouched isn't as nice as the AL one in the current MastroNet auction (at least if you go by PSA grades, I haven't actually seen the MastroNet cards in person). My understanding (based on the box I have) is that the sets came separately so it is not necessarily the case that they were issued the same year. That said, it is also (based on what Hal pointed out above) inconceivable that the AL set came out in 1904. Also, as someone who collects these cards pretty actively I can't say for certain if either set is harder to come by.

In an early issue of the VBC publication there was an interesting piece (I believeit was in the letters section) about the likley year of issue of the Fan Carze sets. At one point I tried figure out the likely year of issue based on the player's teams and I believe my incomplete results were rather confusing.... At some point I hope to complete this little project and I'll be sure to share these results in some fashion.