View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default sets started..sets finished...sets discarded

Posted By: James Gallo

Well in about 2 years I have gotten to 1 card away from a 1915 cracker jack set with an average grade of VG. I need a cobb and am just too short on cash right now to make it happen before the end of the year

I had gone strong on the E-90-1 set but cooled off a lot once I sold my Jackson and really started seeing what I was going to have to pay on some of those tough commons. I still pick up some cards though so it's not 100% dead yet.

I started a Boston Store Set this year which I doubt I will ever complete because of the Ruth and Jackson unless I get really luckly or someone decides to be really nice to me

I am still trying to complete the 1900 Mayo Cut Plug Baseball comic set but I haven't seen any I need at all lately as I only have 10 left and they don't come up to often.

Post war, I have a 1975 and a 75 mini set that I dabble in and have a lot of raw cards that I never get around to grading because I have put the funds into the pre-war stuff.

The only set I dropped was the monster. I had maybe 50-75 cards and it just overloaded me so for now that goes. I also was doing it low grade so I figure that I will always be able to get back to that at near the same price level.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.