View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Unfortunately, I do not have any photos readily available to share. And, boy, not sure where I would even start. Purchases from Jim over the years has accounted for nearly 20% of my baseball autograph collection. Notables would include early 1930’s album page signed by both Tigers toughies John Grabowski and Charles Sullivan. And the Chief Zimmer signed document, and Joe Casey signed Boston reunion scorecard cut (with partial GC Alexander autograph) are special too. But I think I would have to give the nod to the numerous, obscure Tigers autographs Jim provided (several from the PCL). Guys like Hack Summer, Ross Erwin, Carl Zamlock, Pug Cavet, Jack Ryan, Frank Okrie, Rabbit Powell, Guy Cantrell, Nolen Richardson, Art Griggs, Heinie Elder, Roy Crumpler, Ralph Comstock, Cy Fried, Gus Hetling, Miles Main, Red McKee, Snooks Dowd, and many others. Some of these I have only encountered available for sale only once or twice over the past 20 years. Not sure if I have encountered another Art Griggs or Snooks Dowd. But happy to have had Jim as a valued source over these years. His announcement was bittersweet.