View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Super Print Artists -- More Unanswer(ed/able) Questions

Posted By: Joann

The dots are there, but I don't think they can be remnants of a "W".

Go back up to the two-card post - with both the Washington and NY version. There are actually three dots high in the NY card in that one. There are the two that are mentioned from the three-card scan, plus there is a third dot in the top fork of the K in New York.

Additionally, there may be a second low dot, with the bottom of the K being bulged and dark as if there were a second dot there too.

If you put the three high and two low together, you can see that they could approximate the positions of the three high spots and two valleys of a W - just like a remnant.

BUT! They can't be. Look at the size of the New York. It fits cleanly between the two vertical buttons.

The W spans one button - it doesn't go in between two buttons. And even if it were aligned to go in between two buttons, it's way too tall to fit.

So there are definitely dots there, and they certainly appear to be ... "something". But even based on visual evidence alone (and not at all on card or baseball history knowledge), which is about all I have to go on, I say no way on a W.

Joann