View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
J@son M1ller

I agree that the autograph guests aren't pulling people towards the vintage cards. Maybe they come by a table and see a $5 card that "looks neat" and buy it, but I wouldn't think that's the same guy buying a $500 Collins McCarthy card.

I'd prefer a smaller show with more vintage dealers and people that know when you come there, that's what you'll get. I'd be extremely loyal to a show like that and think a lot of other people would as well if you knew you were going to see great dealers and an interesting assortment of vintage.

Also, as I've said before, who needs Sunday at a show? Let's save everyone time and money and bag Sunday and it'll be cheaper for everyone.

For Hunt, I think he caters to both groups which is why he does the autographs. Those people bid in his auctions as do the purely vintage collectors. So, he needs to do both. But, Rhys makes a good point, why should the vintage dealers be subsidizing the autograph guests if the return isn't likely to come from those same guests?

Last edited by Jaybird; 12-15-2011 at 03:41 PM.