View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 05:43 PM
JeR@Me

Default Colgans Proof Cards

Was wondering if anyone is aware of any different Minor Leaguers in the "Colgans Proof" Set other than these teams : Buffalo, Rochester (Eastern League), Milwaukee, Louisville (American Assoc), and Memphis (South Assoc)? Reason I ask, is since we don't know for sure who the issuer is for the Square Colgan look alike cards, perhaps the Minor Leaguers would give us a clue!? I find it odd that there is only one Southern Team in the set and a few Memphis players (Daubert, Baerworld. & Babb) but no other Southern Association teams!? Are there Minor Leagues absent that would seem should be included? Does this Square set overlap the Colgans set ? If so, where are the other Minor league teams from the SA, EL, and AA ??

Just really curious about any theories out there, and obviously no advertising has been found yet, but I have to wonder if this was some local knock off / competitor on a smaller scale who tried to "copy" the Colgans to some degree.

Any thoughts, input would be welcome. A mystery set for sure... Could Autosales (New York) be who put out the Square Colgan Proofs?!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colgan'sDaubert.jpg (49.3 KB, 691 views)
File Type: jpg Colgan'sDaubert2.jpg (35.3 KB, 682 views)
File Type: jpg AutosalesGreen.jpg (45.6 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg Colgan'sTin1909rev.jpg (54.5 KB, 673 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 07-27-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: add picture