View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Dave

There are known Ebay "glitches" when buyers attempt to pay a combined invoice for more then one seller at a time.

The most annoying one to sellers and buyers alike is it often does not calculate the combined shipping for a particular seller, and breaks it down into separate payments for each item.

Seller ends up refunding the S&H payment back to the buyer according to their calculations, but in classic Ebay fashion, Ebay does not refund the cut they take out of shipping back to the seller unless you spend a half hour or more on the phone with them calling them out on it..........and most people think their time is better spent doing other things then trying to get a couple bucks or less back in fees.

I always try to encourage bidders who win more then one item from me to wait until "I" send them a combined invoice, ignore the one you get from Ebay, and not to pay right away.

I don't know if this situation falls into that "glitch" category, but it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think any seller is assuming you're paying a multiple seller invoice, making it easier for them to slip a double dip past you.