View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Leon, I just love where you live. You have a lot of space around your home, privacy, peace and quiet. When my father purchased our Toronto home in 1985 it wasn't too bad, but now it's becoming a nightmare. Condominiums are being built everywhere, and it is getting so congested. I can't even pull the car out from the driveway anymore. And early in the morning I can hear all the f***ing cars and trucks going past. In the summer I have to listen to people's lawnmowers. I'm only 34, so I can put up with this for a while longer, but when I'm older, I'm getting outta' here!
Thanks!! Exactly why (peace and quiet) I picked our 6 acre lot to build on 23 yrs ago, when we bought the land. We are at the end of a cul de sac, with no HOA, and can barely see any neighbors at all. Our block has around 12 houses on around 150 acres. WE don't have blinds or drapes in the house as they aren't needed. Our house is built north and south so the sun never comes directly in. When I sold my collection we bought a house to downsize to, about a mile from here, but decided to stay here. The other house has 4 acres but not as many trees....and it's on a cul de sac with no HOA but not at the end, which is prime. Hopefully we stay here until we are pushing up daisies somewhere else.