View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Joshua

[QUOTE=Exhibitman;1749422]There's an indirect effect on the 'hot' cards of the day and on very expensive cards. It doesn't take many buyers sitting out the auctions to lower the results on marquee stuff. Though I am guessing that some of the pullback on mega-priced postwar stuff is a result of the collapse of the shilling ring that was working over the postwar market through PWCC and other outlets. But we needn't get into that again

One thing I noticed during the downturn was that collectors who are into lower grade and inexpensive stuff didn't pull back the way others did. Every show I attended had plenty of action at the cheap card tables and dollar boxes while expensive stuff sat. Turns out collectors don't lose the bug even if things look bad, they just channel it into cheaper endeavors.[/QUOTE

I believe all prices will soften to some degree, but the most valuable, rarest eye candy will generally hold it value above the rest of the “junk” rally. And when the cycle goes up, I feel they will be the best to rebound. If you needed money which would you sell your prized PC Cards or your lower grade extras. And when you are out of extras, which would you sell, iconic cards or Your post war stuff that has 10x or 100x the population size of your favorites?

Last edited by joshuanip; 02-19-2018 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Too much blah blah blah