View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
What little enforcement they did on that pretty much went out the window when they started charging the same fees on shipping as they do on the item price itself. Before they changed, sellers would use high shipping / low item prices to try and skirt paying fees, so eBay had some incentive to put a stop to such things. Now that they just charge a fee on everything, the monetary incentive to enforce isn't there.
Lance,

There still is some form of automated enforcement in place. I know that not too long ago I was automagically denied a listing because of the shipping cost I had put it place. It was an over sized paper item that I was NOT about to fold and put the details regarding the shipping cost and why I was doing this in the details (mailing flat in a large, reinforced, cardboard flat). I couldn't get around ebay's automatic rejection from this so I just upped the initial bid with free shipping.

But I totally understand and agree with what you are saying regarding ebay's reason and relaxation of any enforcement on this. Yet if you go through their shipping process for paying for shipping they still take out their % on this even though they control it???