View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
Believe me when I say if Brooks was in the set I would find it! That's what collectors do! I didn't think he was part of this set because I probably would have heard about the card from other Brooks collectors. Thanks for opening my eyes to a set I have never seen... And I see it as a "good thing" that Brooks was not a part of the set ...I see it as a "bad thing" that he was a topps 1967 3 d prototype ... I will never own that one!
Speaking about Brooks Robinson cards, take a look at the thread I started in the Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present) forum titled 1997 Topps Rookie Reprint Autographs. Brooksie's card is included in a variation you most likely do not have.

I just picked up an uncut sheet of them with the Certified Autographs Gold Foil stamps WITHOUT the autographs.

I am waiting for Topps Experts Al Richter and Dav.e Hornis.h to comment on if they have been seen without the autographs WITH the foil stamp.

Also it is my belief that this sheet has the only cards of Ashburn with the gold foil stamp as his cards were NOT issued autographed because he died before he could sign the cards.