View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Joann

Deb!

Good to see you. I have a PM in my mailbox right now that I have not had a chance to respond to but thought might be of interest to you. Someone here has photos of ancestors (female) in bb uniforms. He knows who they are but not the team. I immediately thought of you and your interest in players. I will call his attention to your post.

I have added several items to my collection since we met. I may even have found the list of items we discussed. :-)

For all on Net54, Deb is writing what will probably be the defnitive book on female vintage bb teams. She is traveling the country as time is available researching teams and players. She immediately identified several photos and people from my collection that had me mystified and even had, at her fingertips, articles and references from newspapers of the time to people in my cabinets and PC's. It was amazing.

Deb and her mom came to Grand Rapids, and we had the most delightful visit and dinner. We met at the library, and the only place where we could talk was the children's area, which was empty. It was sort of comic - we sat on tiny chairs that were about a foot high around a short table enthusiastically comparing notes on everything from my photos to her research to a Bloomer Girl billboard that appears in a Mickey Mouse/Steamboat Willie short!

Good times. Any help anyone can give her would certainly go to a good cause.

Deb - hope all is well with you.

J