View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:02 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Oh great! I can see it now, going to the PO with a package, reciting the new line. Nothing liquid, fragile, perishable, or potential hazardous. No perfume, lithium batteries, mercury (recently added), or fox urine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Shame, as they're actually really cool. We had a stump in our front yard that the previous owner ground down but didn't remove. The skunks loved to dig through it for grubs and had it basically removed within a couple years. They eat larvae and grubs all sorts of things that destroy lawns, trees etc. They're also chill, as long as you don't startle or corner them. I've hung out outside within 10 feet of them a lot, never been sprayed.
The trouble is, they also destroy lawns and if you don't kill the grubs, which come back every year, this problem will persist.

A couple years ago, around midnight, I was awoken to the strong stench of what I thought was Mary Jane.
My son, who was 16 at the time, who I didn't believe smoked pot, was the first thing that came to mind.

Long story short, I went outside on our back patio and was startled immediately by the scurrying of what I thought was a raccoon. After getting my eyes adjusted to the dark, I realized it was a large great horned owl which I seen fly to my neighbors eave trough.

I seen nothing further that night and went to bed as dawn came early at 5:30 am. When I went out on the same patio around that time the next morning, I noticed a large pile of intestines laying on my lawn.

I grabbed a shovel and a plastic bag and as I was in the process of cleaning up the mess I noticed a skunk which looked like it dove into my wife's flowers? I touched it with the shovel but it was stiff.
With a pair of gloves on I pulled out the skunk to notice the head was completely gone.

I have no idea how it got there as where I noticed the intestines this area was about 30 feet away.
My wife's flowers were not all flattened like it had been dropped, it actually looked like the skunk had dove in there without its head??

I did some Google research and found out skunk is the no#1 diet of great horned owls.

Just his year, as one still lives under my neighbors shed I believe, my wife seen 2 great horned owls on the prowl one early morning, and we live in the city.