Thread: Slabs
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 04:43 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
I seem to recall someone mentioning those screw-down holders can somehow damage cards. That being said, I either buy "raw" cards and keep them "raw" or, if I buy them slabbbed, I keep them in the slab. I like to keep my "raw" cards in those binder sleeves so I can look at them easily...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Not a fan of the screw down holders.
I still have a ton of cards in 9 pocket sheets from some binders as a kid. They will stay where they are.
I have yet to crack a PSA or SGC slab, and never would crack one that holds a Brett RC!
I could be wrong but I believe the OP is talking about the 1 screw, not 4 screw holders?
The one screw, from what I know about them, have a recessed area for the card to sit, which of course keeps all the weight off of the card.

If it's the other 4 screw type which squishes the card, then gently does it when screwing them down!

I had my Mantle and Mays in the large 4 screw cubes for over 20yrs and panicked when I read on here what they can do!

Luckily I never screwed them down tight and thankfully I placed them on their side instead of laying them flat as I ha zero issues with them when I removed them from their cubes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1579 (Large).jpg (71.4 KB, 162 views)