Thread: Ridiculous
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Tim

Barry your post raises a couple of good questions I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
...although I'm not sure I fully understand why he simply didn't wait for a reasonably nice 9 to come along, since it would have been acceptable to him and cost about 1/20th of the amount he paid for the 10.
The buyer stated that he had been looking for a reasonable 9 for 10 years and passed on the only 9 he had seen because he felt the grade was suspect. Isn't that a good example of a high grade collector buying the card and not the holder? Isn't that the exact opposite of how many people claim high grade or registry collectors approach their purchases?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Interesting what he said about Dmitiri Young being pissed because one of his 9's didn't get bumped to a 10. I can only imagine what was going on behind the scenes between Young and the graders with respect to his collection.
Supposing the story of Young being angry is true, doesn't that show the TPG company standing behind their grade in the face of great pressure from a wealthy force in the hobby? That's counter to what many people claim is often the case as well.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 05-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.