View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:58 AM
BRIAN C0ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
I really don't have skin in the game on this, but do find people's choices and opinions interesting. I strongly suspect that if buyer had acquired this card at an estate or yard sale for $25.00 most here would slap him on the back with a great big attaboy and a cry of lament as to how they should be so lucky. Never mind that seller there is likely unsophisticated,might even be grieving, and probably can be excused for not knowing certain nuances about back scarcities. Yet when one of the brotherhood, who damn well should know what he is doing as he does it for a living, underprices his goods, it is only right that he be advised of his oversight (I won't even call it a mistake per se) so he can maximize his profit. IF you are one of those people I would be interested in how you reconcile the two situations.
Well said. Unless somebody can show me the eBay seller paid full value for the card and sold for a fraction through an error then I say the sale should stand. If the eBay seller bought for a fraction of fair market value they are not entitled to the excess profits resulting from the mistake of the original seller when they then repeat a mistake that they should be knowledgable enough to prevent.