View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:53 PM
larry s
larry ser.ota

Default spence authentication knowledge or reputation

today JSA was at a local card show....I brought with me a muhammad ali 8x10 photo...the photo was signed by ali in my presence 16 years ago at the sawgrass mills mall in sunrise florida...at the time that was probably the biggest mall card show there was...i was set up at the table directly in front of the autograph signing podium...at the end of the signing session..the sunrise police office on stage...a baseball card collector and buddy of mine...had ali sign 5 photos...he kept 2 and gave the other 3 to myself and the 2 dealers next to me..i placed the photo on one of those old wooden plaques that noone uses anymore...and its been in my closet for 16 years...today Mr Spence told me in his opinion it was a forgery...so after 3 seconds of examination and $75 my personally witnessed autograph became worthless...the lesson here is just further proof that having a reputation gives you a license to steal...he did not compare to any examples...was he comparing it to his memory of ali's signature today...does he know what it looked like 16 years ago...or was he just making $75 for 3 seconds of work....you tell me

Last edited by sflayank; 06-04-2011 at 01:54 PM.