View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Default What do consignors want from an auction house?

Posted By: Joe D.

first let me say I completely disagree with your contention that printing a catalog is 'extremely expensive to produce'. To the contrary - I would suggest that it is extremely expensive to not produce a catalog. Take the catalogs away from Mastro and I would bet anything that the reach is not the same, the interest is not the same, and the ending prices are not the same. Spread all of those incremental increases in bids across an auction - and the catalog pays for itself and then some.

I will not disclose the price of the recent catalog... because I hold all specifications provided to me by an auction house in strict confidence. I would extend that same courtesy to you or anyone else.

I can say price per book is heavily dependent on number of pages, quantity produced, etc. As you increase your quantity, your unit cost can go dramatically downward.

As far as a specific dollar amount... I would be happy to send you a price estimate. Shoot me an email. Even if you have no intention of producing a catalog, I don't mind going through the pricing to provide you with some good reference information. It would be my pleasure.

Anything we discuss will be held in the strictest of confidence and will not be shared with anyone outside of my organization or yours.

joe@internetville.com

Regards,
Joe