View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Do they also have a LE (low end) designation? If HE exists then LE obviously exists. Now I'm not saying I expect them to do anything thing that would lower the perceived value of a card they have on consignment but if I were a buyer in their auctions I would only purchase HE designated cards as non-HE cards could be of lesser condition for the grade. Some non-HE cards would logically have to be LE cards.

I actually don't care what they do since I never even look at their auctions. Why would I ever purchase a card for 25-50% more than I can purchase that same quality of card elsewhere.
When PSA went to half grades some argued that it would devalue the regular grades. That never happened. I think PWCC is using the designation sparingly enough that it doesn't hurt the value of the rest of their cards. That said, I continue to think it's a gimmick and personally I could not care less.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.