View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:14 PM
Curt

Unless you had the money to buy them at a fair dealer price (as you were representing a card shop), then it sounds like you did the right thing. I shudder to think that by botching it, you mean you should have cheated the guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonh23 View Post
I honestly botched it and let them slip away forever!
While in college, I was working part time for a guy who owned a shop in the late 90s. The guy was a painter by trade and I think he just enjoyed the gambling aspect. He really didn't know enough about the hobby and opened up too much of his own product and I suspect he eventually sold out or went out of business.

One day I was working the shop and someone brought in a similar stash. It may have been in a paper sack, I really don't remember, but the cards were vintage and nice. I only specifically remember he had several signed 60s Maris cards. I couldn't afford them at the time and the shop owner wouldn't have bought them and he never left enough money in the till to buy anything good even if it was a deal not to be passed up. Did I already say the shop owner had no business sense what so ever?

Never saw the guy or the cards again.