View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I know the guy who really owns these tickets..his name is Ed. I do not know this poster, but I do know that he lists stuff all the time for Ed. I talked to him at the antique show this weekend and he told me that he tore a booklet up and sent them to PSA. I was disappointed to hear this, but it's not my book.

I also know that there is at least one more booklet out there.
Diving in here on this post. I have thick skin, but want to challenge your information.

-Correct on the status of other booklet; we bought it at the same time as we sent the tickets into PSA for grading. The 2nd booklet is intact and in better condition than the booklet we split up. There is no intention to split the 2nd book up.

-Correct on, "I do not know this poster." I have never met you and have no interest in antiquities, so I will probably never meet you.

-Incorrect on my listing activities. Outside of these tickets (which is a joint venture), I have never listed anything for Ed on any auction site or other market. I don't do consignments nor list other individuals' items for any reason. I have assisted Ed many times in card grading with regard to PSA and BGS order submissions (piggy backing on my specials) and appraisals of modern memorabilia he finds at random. Additionally, I have assisted him in the authentication of rare items and many autographs.

-Incorrect on ownership status. Ed had external financing from other parties during the purchases and grading; these parties have possession of the graded tickets and are charged with seeking the return on the investment. His money did not buy all of the tickets nor pay for grading. However, he does have a nice investment here with others and did work hard to buy the tickets. Also, he did not send the tickets into PSA for grading. He does not have a PSA account (though one is not required) and did not pay for the grading fees.

-Not trying to play, "I know more than you," but I wanted to set the record straight. Ed is on vacation at the moment (you probably know where). If you have concerns about my status in this venture or my posts, PM me and I shall give you my cell to talk it over.

Last edited by meatloaf; 02-29-2012 at 05:21 PM.